Marketing & Social Media Manager (Internship)
Black Womyn Speak™ is a black feminist site and we seek a talented intern who is interested in using their knowledge of feminism to build an online network of like-minded people. Black Womyn Speak™ is based in Boston and plans to be the number one center for revolutionary black feminist politics through its podcast and other initiatives. As an intern, you will get to work remotely with the co-founders, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? Our ideal candidate is someone who is obsessed with social media as well as creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. Someone who can express themselves well in written and verbal forms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Build relationships with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, and other media accounts.
- Track social media analytics using HootSuite, report results, and suggest new ideas.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers via social media.
- Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts.
- Look for podcast topics and provide research for the hosts to discourse.
- Make podcast schedule for each week.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
Skills & Qualifications Required/Preferred:
- Background in Women’s Studies, Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and Flexible
- Familiar with social networking sites desired, but we will also train
- Generally socially conscious individual with a strong interest in feminism and racial justice
- Interest in nonprofit management
- Learning experience that fits your career goals
- Professional and personal mentorship and development
- Become extremely knowledgeable in online communication
- Become a master of twitter (and Hoot Suite manager)
- Understand the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals
- Ample opportunity to network with other social justice professionals and activists
- Flexible schedule
- University Course credits (if approved by your institution)
- Supervision under a social justice focused professional
The position is available on a rolling basis. You are expected to work 15 hours a week. Hours may be altered to meet requirements for academic credit.
To apply, please send a paragraph telling us about yourself and why you would like the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to hear from you soon!!